At OspreyData, we build beautifully simple to use Oil & Gas industry asset management software that uses machine learning and predictive modeling on massive amounts of sensor data to provide predictive insights, as well as performance and failure detection. This enables escalations to field engineers to modify operations and save millions in production outages.
Do you share our passion that the best technology is simple, intuitive and can scale to perform the same on gigabytes to terabytes of data? Will you thrive in a start-up where everyone is passionate to ship high quality software quickly?
If so, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer like you.
What you get to do every day:
- Extend and own the web application backend, currently in Django but moving to Angular 2.
- Build and ship elegant interfaces that deliver amazing customer experiences.
- Optimize database communication to make application web service responses and page rendering sub second.
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Developing automated tests, predicting areas of risk, and coordinating with our QA staff to achieve the best blend of error prevention and error detection possible.
- Guide, coach and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects.
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
What you bring to the role:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience with web front and backend technology like Python, Django, or like frameworks.
- MEAN stack experience (Angular2) is also desired as we are looking to that as our future architecture.
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL database design and interaction.
- We want or engineering leaders to make strong arguments for when to use which technology, so bring your passion and knowledge.
- Past experience building unit tests for your code.
- Experience working in an agile, ego-free team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and a dedication to continual self-development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
What we deliver in Return:
- Awesome early stage start-up opportunity that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Pre-series A stock options.
- A talented team that works hard, laughs constantly, and is great at foosball.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- An opportunity to carve your own destiny with incredible potential for growth.
THIS IS AN IN PERSON, FULL TIME POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CONTRACT WORK.
To apply for this position please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org