OspreyData is developing an IOT analytics platform enabling engineers and operations personnel to collaborate with data scientists building innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence models. The OspreyData platform facilitates the ingestion and transformation of asset, sensor and event data and makes it available in an open source data science environment supporting Python, Jupyter and Spark.
Join our platform engineering team to advance the core services and systems for ingesting, monitoring, and visualizing massive amounts of streaming sensors in near real-time. Drive the platform’s ability to build predictive and diagnostic models for our oil and gas customers. This is an opportunity for you to work with a passionate team creating a leading-edge platform using open source tools to deliver incredible value to customers.
What you get to do every day:
- Extend our platform for ingesting, monitoring, reviewing and visualizing massive amounts of sensors in near real time.
- Build and ship elegant interfaces that deliver amazing customer experiences.
- Optimize database communication to make application web service responses and page rendering sub second.
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Develop automated tests, predicting areas of risk, and coordinating with our QA staff to achieve the best blend of error prevention and error detection possible.
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of backend technologies, like Python, Django, or Flask.
- Knowledge of front end technologies, like Typescript, React, Vue, Angular.
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database design and interaction.
- Scale out and distributed processing knowledge and with multi-threading experience is required.
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Docker, Apache Hadoop, and Apache Spark is a bonus.
- We want or engineering leaders to make strong arguments for when to use which technology, so bring your passion and knowledge.
- Past experience building unit tests for your code.
- Experience working in an agile, ego-free team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and a dedication to continual self-development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
What we deliver in Return:
- Awesome early stage start-up opportunity that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- A talented team that works hard, laughs constantly.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- An opportunity to carve your own destiny with incredible potential for growth.
THIS IS AN IN PERSON, FULL TIME POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CONTRACT WORK.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org