At OspreyData, we build beautifully simple to use Oil & Gas industry asset management software that uses machine learning and predictive modeling on massive amounts of sensor data to provide predictive insights, as well as performance and failure detection. This enables escalations to field engineers to modify operations and save millions in production outages.
Do you share our passion that the best technology is simple, intuitive and can scale to perform the same on gigabytes to terabytes of data? Will you thrive in a start-up where everyone is passionate to ship high quality software quickly?
If so, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer like you.
What you get to do every day:
- Extend the architecture and design for the sensor data ingestion engine to handle the massive amount of assets’ sensors in near real time.
- Help design loader plugins to integrate with multiple data sources in customer environment to stream in customer metrics.
- Collaborate with data engineers and other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Guide, coach and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects.
- Developing automated tests, predicting areas of risk, and coordinating with our QA staff to achieve the best blend of error prevention and error detection possible.
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
What you bring to the role:
- 2+ years in Python is preferred.
- Also, 4+ years in another high-level language like Java, C#, C++.
- Scale out and distributed processing knowledge and with multi-threading experience is required.
- Any experience with Apache Hadoop technologies like HDFS, HBASE, Spark is a nice to have.
- Experience with MongoDB and migration from relational database.
- A serious passion to innovate and create high quality, high speed, highly scalable code
- We want or engineering leaders to make strong arguments for when to use which technology, so bring your passion and knowledge.
- Data science passion is welcomed as well
- Performance tuning, instrumentation approaches, and caching strategies.
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience working in an agile, ego-free team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and a dedication to continual self-development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
What we deliver in Return:
- Awesome early stage start-up opportunity that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Pre-series A stock options.
- A talented team that works hard, laughs constantly, and is great at foosball.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- An opportunity to carve your own destiny with incredible potential for growth.
THIS IS AN IN PERSON, FULL TIME POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR CONTRACT WORK.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org