< Back to Careers
Help us pioneer new markets and make customers wildly successful.
OspreyData is leading the market in providing a machine-learning based analytics platform for Oil & Gas. We enable production engineers and operators to become data-driven producers by identifying opportunities for optimization and predicting when failure may occur. Our web-based app visualizes wells’ operating states and provides metrics, workflows and reports that improve daily operation for our users.
The OspreyData platform facilitates the ingestion of asset, sensor and event data and transforms it for predictive modeling. Our machine-learning environment supports Python, Jupyter and Spark. Clients can leverage the platform to deploy their own predictive models for any lift type. Our Oil & Gas SMEs collaborate with Data Scientists to build innovative models that solve the actual problems our clients are facing.
The Data Scientist Position
Join our data science team to advance our platform by building predictive and diagnostic models for our oil and gas customers.
- Work with customers and industry experts to discover high value use cases for failure detection performance optimization and other actionable insights.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to discover patterns, trends and performance insights from large, high-dimensional IOT signal data.
- Profile data sources to assess content, structure, quality and utility.
- Define analytical experiments to validate hypotheses and test potential solutions using statistical analysis methods on historical data.
- Incorporate engineering and physics based mathematical models (e.g. fluid dynamics) to enhance and augment sensor signals.
- Train, test and validate predictive and diagnostic models using machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for classification, regression and time-series analysis.
- Identify and implement new statistical or machine learning methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Utilize open source technologies including Python, Jupyter and Spark in combination with the OspreyData platform.
- Work proactively with software development team to improve the OspreyVision platform.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to explain and document techniques and results using non-technical language and incorporate feedback.
- Exceptional understanding and ability to apply quantitative statistical methods and machine learning algorithms to solve complex challenges in business operations and develop predictive and diagnostic models.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years experience in data analysis and model development in Python and/or R as well as the ability to implement, maintain, debug and test.
- Experience using machine learning and artificial intelligence models and packages such as SciKit Learn and TensorFlow.
- Some experience applying advanced mathematics in one or more of the following fields is a plus: oil and gas, petroleum engineering optimization, simulation, linear programing, integer programming, dynamic programming.
- Experience in software development is a plus, ideally as part of a team using version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Some experience with Spark, Pandas, AWS, MongoDb, OpenTSDB a plus.
- Ability to work with team members and customers to assess needs and resolve problems using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication, and the ability to present and explain technical and mathematical concepts to business audiences.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to interpret raw data and assess large data sets for data integrity to effectively identify and treat outliers and data anomalies.
- Passion for learning, evangelizing new technologies and keep up-to-date with latest trends in data science.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, and technical environment as part of a product and engineering team to build the most innovative and effective product in the market.
- A positive can-do attitude with a sense of urgency and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Unique opportunity to work with an early-stage startup that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits
- Talented team that works hard and laughs constantly
- Work with a company that encourages you to direct your own growth
This is an in-person, full-time position. Please do not apply if you are looking for contact work.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com