Data Engineer Position
Join our platform engineering team to advance the core services and systems for ingesting, monitoring, and visualizing massive amounts of streaming sensors in near real-time. Drive the platform’s ability to build and monitor data pipelines ensuring consistent and timely flow of data from our customers and partners. This is an opportunity for you to work with a passionate team creating a leading-edge platform using open source tools to deliver incredible value to customers.
- Extend our platform for ingesting and monitoring massive amounts of sensors in near real time.
- Build concise and repeatable data pipelines supporting outstanding service levels for our customers and partners.
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Develop automated tests, predicting areas of risk, and coordinating with our QA staff to achieve the best blend of error prevention and error detection possible.
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
What you bring to the role:
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience in Data Engineer or ETL role.
- Knowledge of development languages like Python, or Go.
- Knowledge of data pipeline tools like Airflow or Luigi.
- Knowledge of database technologies like MongoDB, Apache Hive or Amazon RedShift.
- Experience or exposure to stream processing systems like Apache Kafka is highly desired.
- Experience or exposure to Time Series data and processing with systems like OpenTSDB or Influx is highly desired
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Apache Hadoop, and Apache Spark is a bonus.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and a dedication to continual self-development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
What we deliver in Return:
- Awesome early stage startup opportunity that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- A talented team that works hard, laughs constantly.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- An opportunity to carve your own destiny with incredible potential for growth.
This is an in-person, full-time position. Please do not apply if you are looking for contact work.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com