Dev Ops Engineer Position
Join our platform engineering team to advance the core services and systems for ingesting, monitoring, and visualizing massive amounts of streaming sensors in near real-time. Drive the platform’s ability to build and monitor data pipelines ensuring consistent and timely flow of data from our customers and partners. This is an opportunity for you to work with a passionate team creating a leading-edge platform using open source tools to deliver incredible value to customers.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers and data scientists to deploy and operate our systems and platforms.
- Drive the streamlining and automation of our system and operational management processes,
- Maintain tooling and environments for deployment, monitoring and operations of our systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues across our internal development and external public facing environments.
- Collaborate with software engineers and data scientists on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
What you bring to the role:
- 3 – 5 years of professional experience in DevOps Engineer.
- Strong background and knowledge of Amazon’s cloud services
- Professional experience with open source tools and frameworks like HAProxy, Apache Kafka, LogStash and Kibana
- Knowledge of configuration management tools languages like Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Knowledge of administration and management of NoSQL data stores like MongoDB and Redis,
- Experience or exposure to container platforms like Kubernetes or AWS Elastic Containers is highly desired.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop, or Apache Spark is a bonus.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and a dedication to continual self-development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
What we deliver in Return:
- Awesome early stage startup opportunity that has been validated in the market and will change the game in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- A talented team that works hard, laughs constantly.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- An opportunity to carve your own destiny with incredible potential for growth.
This is an in-person, full-time position. Please do not apply if you are looking for contact work.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org