< Back to Careers
Engage our customers in the benefits of the OspreyData platform and collaborate with Data Scientists.
OspreyData is leading the market in providing a machine-learning based analytics platform for Oil & Gas. We enable production engineers and operators to become data-driven producers by identifying opportunities for optimization and predicting when failure may occur. Our web-based app visualizes wells’ operating states and provides metrics, workflows and reports that improve daily operation for our users.
The OspreyData platform facilitates the ingestion of asset, sensor and event data and transforms it for predictive modeling. Our machine-learning environment supports Python, Jupyter and Spark. Clients can leverage the platform to deploy their own predictive models for any lift type. Our Oil & Gas SMEs collaborate with Data Scientists to build innovative models that solve the actual problems our clients are facing.
The Sales Engineer Position
OspreyData is seeking a Sales Engineer who will promote the adoption of our platform with potential and existing customers. You must demonstrate to clients the vast potential in using our software to solve field problems. You will also push our technology forward by collaborating with our Data Science team to build predictive and diagnostic models, providing your subject-matter expertise and insights from client engagements.
- Collaborate with Data Science team by providing technical field expertise.
- Manage strong relationships with customer contacts. Meet regularly and seek to understand pain points.
- Recommend solutions to customers’ operational challenges within OspreyData’s platform.
- Work with Sales Team to deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
- Identify opportunities for business development and new product offerings within your area of Artificial Lift expertise and beyond.
- Understand competitive offerings and communicate insights to management.
- Quickly resolve and address problems that may arise in the sales process.
- Actively update sales management regarding changes to customer accounts.
- Use OspreyData’s sales systems to document opportunities, market and competitive intelligence, customer contacts and visit reports.
- Strong technical proficiency. You must demonstrate the ability to utilize our software platform to solve field problems.
- Direct experience with Artificial Lift systems: ESP, Rod Pump, Gas Lift and Plunger Lift. A primary focus in Rod Pumps is preferred.
- Strongly Customer-Service driven. You understand the markets where our clients operate and are able to build lasting and professional customer relationships. You exhibit good communication and negotiation skills.
- Broad understanding of onshore production operations.
- Proficient in modern software platforms.
- Understanding of sales pipeline and opportunity management.
- Education: Degree/High School Diploma or equivalent/Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience: 5-10 years in Artificial Lift Sales/Account management.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US.
- Unique opportunity to work with an early-stage startup that has been validated in the market and is changing the game in Oil & Gas.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- 100% paid employee medical and dental benefits.
- Talented team that works hard and laughs constantly.
- Work with a company that encourages you to direct your own growth.
This is an in-person, full-time position. Please do not apply if you are looking for contact work.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.